I wish I could tell you that I have been on an amazing vacation and that’s why I haven’t been posting – but that would be a lie. In reality my life just got pretty crazy for awhile.
I thought I would write a bit about how I survive returning from a vacation. I have noticed throughout the years that I end up getting depressed when I return from a vacation where the room looked like this:
But my house looks like this:
Because, let’s face it…packing looks like this:
So I have been trying really hard to follow these few ideals the past few years and have found that they work:
- Change the sheets on your own bed right before you leave and make the bed all pretty.
- Make your child pick up all their toys before they can head off to the airport with you on an exciting trip.
- Wash all the dishes in the sink.
- Vacuum the night before.
- If you have the time, catch up on laundry.
- Make sure you put away whatever you decided NOT to pack.
- Make sure your bed is free of any clutter.
- Spray a nicely scented room spray in your house before you leave.
It may not be like this when you get home:
But having a clean house to come home to that looks like this isn’t so shabby, either!